209 East Jefferson Street, Then & Now -1878 and 2021
The Gould-Levy Company store was located at 209-211 East Jefferson. It was formed in approximately 1878 with the consolidation of L. Gould & Company and the business of Sol Levy.
According to the Courier-Journal, it was situated across the street from a market where gardeners and farmers brought their goods every morning. They sold everything from paint, brushes, mops, and brooms to notions and other sundries. The company filed a notice of intent to dissolve in 1977.